Saturday, October 10, 2009

Week trip in 60 seconds

The Lake District was BEAUTIFUL!!! I’m afraid I didn’t get all the pictures I wanted due to some camera difficulties. We did SO MUCH and went SO many places!!! First Hostel experience, First Jane Ere slash Bronte sisters experience, Mr. Darcy’s home in the film, Beatrix Potter, Fountains Abby, Preston, Liverpool, the first baptism in England, saw where previous prophets had taught, where my ancestors left for America, and so much more.
There was a point during our church history tour where we sang “Come come ye saints” and the spirit was so strongly present. I am so blessed to be here standing where some of my ancestors had stood and learning about them. The church tour was so amazing, we saw where prophets had stayed, where they stood on the street to share the gospel, it was truly an amazing experience I will never forget.
We started off at the Bronte’s home, (I added a good list of books to read) There was a cemetery that was so beautiful, could easily be my favorite so far.
Fountains Abby was SO AMAZING!!!! It was straight out of a dream!!! The beautiful lush greenery ruins all over, ah I would love to live near there, it was genuinely gorgeous. Best photo op’s too : )
The Lake District was stunning, I was trying to compare it to other places I had been, I started out with Sammamish Washington… then slowly started naming movies like… pride and … hahah and ended up with… the place its self
The Hostel was scary at first, I was more worried about Ashael being on her own, by the second night I relaxed more and didn’t mind the whole thing so much. The first night was a little shocking though, a whole new concept. I reminded myself of how much it was just like being at the BYU center in ways and bla blaa blaa etc. I’m alive : )

No comments:

Post a Comment