Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Bronte's
















Bronte sisters
Im sad to say that before this trip I hadn’t heard of them. I am now a fan of their work! I loved the little details like how Mr. Bronte would lock the door at exactly 9pm and yell up to the girls to go to bed, on a regular basis. I took notes mostly on Charlotte, One of three daughters. She was the only of the three to get married, and lived long enough for one of her books to be published. Jane Eyer wrote Wuthering heights, they actually took on false names for their books that they published, hero’s and heroines where noble , honest, and kind.
The Bronte’s where talented artists and writers. I find it interesting that their characters’ are as well. I guess that’s example of the phrase “write what you know”.
They had a brother that they all loved and had high hopes for. Its interesting I thought of the past period was a cleaner place until you hear these sad stories of immorality and such. The Bronte family was so accomplished but in general didn’t get to see the effect it had on such a large scale. The father was the last of the family to pass away.

1 comment:

  1. I too am now a fan. I vaguely remembered the Bronte’s, perhaps only because a niece has a daughter with a similar name which I had researched long ago. I think of the many individuals whose difficult circumstances, though tragic, teach and inspire us today in ways they never knew. I find peace in knowing there is life beyond where the Bronte’s can now be in full peace and harmony and perhaps even to feel the joy how their tragedies, experiences, and works have and will lift others now and future.

    ReplyDelete