Sunday, November 8, 2009

That one sunday... I will neve forget!

It all begins at SUNDAY school…. This guy named Bob*, a black guy from Ghana that has a very thick hard to understand accent asks me to write down my number… I couldn’t understand what he was saying so I just handed him my paper and pen, he gave it back to me with his email number name etc and surprised me by asking for mine in return “now would you mind doing the same for me?” I got this feeling that I shouldn’t give him my number… I wrote down my email and gave him the wrong number… feeling like I dodged a bullet. I sit for class… I get tapped on the shoulder (ten min into class), they point to the door and I assume the bishop was asking for me…
Nope…
It is Bob… the Sunday school president, around 26 years old… says ok lets go in here, we sit in this side room with the accordion divider and have that cracked open… I remember by now he is not in the bishopric and this is all just plain old weird!
He starts off by saying, well you do know my name right? I’m like.. Yeah (then my brain froze and if he asked me to tell it to him I wouldn’t have been able to…) he was like, do you have anything to say to me? I’m all…. No… then he goes off…
Well I have taken a special interest in you. You are special, I think that we have known each other for a long time before this earth life, when you father came I could remember him. You two are very special; I don’t normally talk like this to people, especially people of the opposite sex. You are very beautiful or gorgeous and pretty and I praise that but that’s not what this is all about, like the church, the gospel is true but the church isn’t true (I THINK he was talking about the individual lds chapels…???? HAHA WEIRD…. But wait, there is oh so much more)
Oh yes, do you have a boy friend? I was in shock at the whole situation and I just kind of let my mouth go off without thinking, I said no… he said are you sure you don’t have a boyfriend? Are you going to change your mind and tell me you do have one? (I’m like well now that you say that YES HAHA) he continues, well if you’re sure you don’t have a boyfriend then maybe I could be him?
I am blushing by now, I cant believe this is happening to me… (DURRING SUNDAY SCHOOL) and I took this time (while he let me get a word in) to tell him how we are not allowed to date, he says oh yes ok ok but you would still call me when you go back home, and keep in contact, and you can come visit? I’m like um do you have face book? And he explains how he never gets on to check his email and bla blaa bal about how he works long hours and doesn’t have time
So by now im thinking, perfect, I’m going to get a religion interview out of this right! So I ask where he grew up, what his job is etc etc
He grew up in Nigeria or Ghana, moved to Holland then here, had three siblings married with kids in the states, mom was in steak rsp, he loves callings, his mom died in 2002 and they sent her body back to be buried, and his dad lived there ever since, something about his culture… It was a verry sad story. And I cant imagin what that must have been like but while he is telling me this I felt like he was arranging a marriage!!! He was telling me his life story and wanted to know about me so he said but he wouldn’t let me talk oh my goodness!
He asked how old I was, what I study I was like 22, art, cartoons, trying to make it go faster I just said yes to everything… haha he would always stop and say, “do you understand?” but kept talking like he wasn’t really asking…
Sure enough he brought up the couple in our ward that meet while she was doing this byu study abroad… he was like, well do you know those two tall people? They meet while she was at byu and she stayed, she moved here! (OH BOTHER!!) I told him there are more rules now…
Anyway… he said two sprits that are meant to be together should be together and asked me to go and talk to him more at church…
I’m more than sure I left out some funny parts; I just had to write this all down quick!

1 comment:

  1. Good heavens, my dear! You sure know how to pick em! ;) Creeeeeeper!

    ReplyDelete